For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. Psalm 38:17
1. Describe your pain.
2. At what times does your pain feel the deepest?
1. The author of the above Bible verse is honestly expressing his emotions to God. Whom have you shared your emotions with?
2. Have you considered participating in a GriefShare grief support group? What thoughts do you have about grief support groups?*
* You may have concerns about attending a grief recovery support group, but we highly recommend you try it anyway. Make a commitment to visit a nearby GriefShare group for three weeks. After three weeks, the decision to continue is yours.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4
1. What kind of blessing do you think will come to the person who honestly mourns?
2. How can a person in mourning be comforted?
1. Are you allowing yourself to grieve? Why or why not?
2. Since the death of your loved one, what have you found comfort in?
Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. Psalm 31:9
1. What areas of your life does grief affect?
2. In this Psalm, where did David (the author) go for help when he felt weak?
1. How is grief affecting you physically and emotionally?
2. How is grief affecting your relationships with others?
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
1. What is the Lord’s response to those who are brokenhearted?
2. At what times do you feel closest to God?
1. When have you felt farthest away from God?
2. What do you think you need to be saved from?
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thessalonians 3:16
1. What is the source of peace?
2. In what circumstances will God give peace to you?
1. How has the process of grieving been different than you had expected?
2. How have others understood or misunderstood your grief?
All material © MCMXCIX, MMVI by Church Initiative. Permission granted to print a single copy for personal use. All other forms of duplication or distribution, including digital, electronic, mechanical, and print, require the written consent of GriefShare.