Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:23–26
1. How does Jesus describe Himself?
2. According to the Bible, who goes to heaven and will live forever?
1. How has your faith grown during this time of grief?
2. What are your thoughts about heaven these days?
Want to learn more about what happens after death? At GriefShare, one of the 13 weekly sessions delves into what the Bible says about heaven and eternity.
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21
1. What was Paul’s view of death (Paul is the author of Philippians)?
2. How could he say that with such confidence?
1. How does living for Jesus prepare a person for facing death?*
2. How will death one day be gain to a person who is a Christian?
* God, What Is Going On? provides information on what it means to live for Jesus, which is the same as becoming a Christian.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:3–4
1. How close will you be to God in heaven?
2. What will be absent in heaven?
1. What part of this description of heaven do you like the most?
2. What things in this life will you not miss in heaven?
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:1–3
1. What can keep your heart from being troubled?
2. What has Jesus gone to do?
1. Jesus promised to return. How does this encourage you?
2. What is Jesus’ description of heaven?
Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. Matthew 25:34
1. If you have given God control of your life, you are now His child, His heir. What is the inheritance that He promises you?
2. If God has spent that long preparing His kingdom for you, how awesome do you think this kingdom is going to be?
1. Why will you never be bored in heaven?
2. Where can you learn more about heaven?
3. Are you ready for heaven? On what do you base this hope?
You have reached the end of the six-week study. We are glad you participated and trust it has helped on your healing journey.
By now you realize it will take even longer to complete the healing process, and we’d like to suggest some things to help you continue to move forward.
All material © MCMXCIX, MMVI by Church Initiative. Permission granted to print a single copy for personal use. All other forms of duplication or distribution, including digital, electronic, mechanical, and print, require the written consent of GriefShare.